omfg i’d never hear tswift’s cover of santa baby and i’m laughing so hard it’s so lacking in guile or sexiness she sounds like she’s really just asking santa for all this stuff. it’s so cute
sounds like it was everything santa buddy strove to be
“I swear to god I will lose my mind if I hear the “sex sells” fallacy one more time. Sex does not sell. If sex sold, we would see penises where we see boobs. Naked men would be on everything that naked women are on. Sex isn’t what they’re selling you. They’re selling you an impossible, pornographically fueled misogynistic idea of the perfect woman.”—
FUCKING THANK YOU
1. White terrorists are called “gunmen.” What does that even mean? A person with a gun? Wouldn’t that be, like, everyone in the US? Other terrorists are called, like, “terrorists.”
2. White terrorists are “troubled loners.” Other terrorists are always suspected of being part of a global plot, even when they are obviously troubled loners.
3. Doing a study on the danger of white terrorists at the Department of Homeland Security will get you sidelined by angry white Congressmen. Doing studies on other kinds of terrorists is a guaranteed promotion.
4. The family of a white terrorist is interviewed, weeping as they wonder where he went wrong. The families of other terrorists are almost never interviewed.
5. White terrorists are part of a “fringe.” Other terrorists are apparently mainstream.
6. White terrorists are random events, like tornadoes. Other terrorists are long-running conspiracies.
7. White terrorists are never called “white.” But other terrorists are given ethnic affiliations.
8. Nobody thinks white terrorists are typical of white people. But other terrorists are considered paragons of their societies.
9. White terrorists are alcoholics, addicts or mentally ill. Other terrorists are apparently clean-living and perfectly sane.
10. There is nothing you can do about white terrorists. Gun control won’t stop them. No policy you could make, no government program, could possibly have an impact on them. But hundreds of billions of dollars must be spent on police and on the Department of Defense, and on TSA, which must virtually strip search 60 million people a year, to deal with other terrorists.” —
Juan Cole, 08/09/2012
Juan Cole actually wrote this 4 days after a white terrorist, yes, terrorist, murdered 6 and injured 4 people at a Sikh gurdwara in Wisconsin. The terrorist who committed said crime spoke of an impending “racial holy war” beforehand and was a member of white supremacist/neo-Nazi hate groups.
Turns out there is a price to pay for protecting your rainforests.
This is fucking important! Sign and reblog.
wow this is outrageous, why isn’t this going around? from the link:
Infinito Gold, a Canadian mining company, just slapped Costa Rica with a $1 billion lawsuit simply because the country decided its rainforests were more important than an open-pit gold mine.
Lauded as one of the countries with the most beautiful rainforests, it’s no wonder Costa Rica rejected Infinito’s mine. Costa Rica’s rainforest is home to many endangered species such the green macaw. Gold mining also uses toxic chemicals such as cyanide, which often leaks into and pollutes nearby lakes and rivers.
A subsidiary of Infinito Gold has announced that a massive lawsuit is “imminent”, so we need to act now. If thousands of us stand together, we can show Infinito that countries such as Costa Rica should have the right to protect their rainforests without being persecuted by corporations.
please sign and reblog!
“It’s like, it doesn’t honor God to pretend like everything is OK. That’s the beauty of Jesus that so many people miss. The beauty is that he died on the cross for our sins, but also that he existed the way we exist. He understands what it’s like to lose a friend. He’s not unfamiliar with those emotions. He’s not unfamiliar with the difficulty of human life. To me that’s what makes Jesus as God beautiful. He totally understands. He went out of his way to prove to us that he understands our situation. So when he has something to say, it’s not coming from this high and lofty standpoint. It’s coming from this person who understands intricately the perils of human existence.”— John Mark McMillan (via fromthismountaintop)
The Doctors :)
Matt has duckies
I can’t decide if this is the cutest thing ever or what.
Nope. Cutest thing ever.
NINE IN A THONG.
i LOVE Nine’s expression!
Oh my god the celery!
HE STILL HAS THE BOWTIE AFLSHAKA
eight and four though
tens say vote saxon though
Two, two, what are you doing?
Reblog if you want your followers to ANONYMOUSLY ask you anything they’re curious about.
I’M GONNA FUCKING SAY THIS ONCE
JUST BECAUSE TWO MALES OR TWO FEMALES ON A SHOW AREN’T DATING
DOES NOT FUCKING MEAN THE WRITERS ARE HOMOPHOBIC
UNLESS THERE IS CLEAR EVIDENCE THAT THERE IS HOMOPHOBIC WRITING DO NOT FUCKING ASSUME THE WRITERS ARE HOMOPHOBES
IT’S FUCKING RUDE.
I like to share. Sharing is sort of what I do.
But please don’t post big chunks of my website to Tumblr without attributions, okay? I am a writer. My words are my life. Having them go around as public domain or “I dunno who wrote this, just somebody” hurts me, a lot. It says I have no value as a creator, just as a content generator. So please, please don’t.
Just so everyone knows I’m not some lone crazy woman here. ALL creators deserve proper attribution & a say in how their work is shared online. Don’t be a selfish lazy jerk please.
[phil is such a damsel sometimes. not to say that he isn’t a massive badass himself, but he’s getting up in age and his strength has always been in negotiating and managing. he can use a gun, but he’d rather not. he’s always willing to do what he must to save people, but he’s just one human who’s already seen hell so many times. kinda like peeta, his strength is mostly in his stability and kindness. everyone around him is super strong or highly trained in various martial arts or specialists in combat. anyone more trained or stronger than him could have had a better chance at taking loki down on the helicarrier. phil was aware that he wasn’t able to do that, but he went in anyway. he knew he wasn’t gonna walk out of that room. a distraction willingly painting a target on himself, carrying a big gun to buy more time, but only just. his special skill isn’t necessarily his ability to take out armed robbers with flour or dealing with tony stark. phil gathers. collects. brings all these different pieces together. these rare finds, these slightly foxed around the edges cards that he puts so much value into that you begin to value them too. like that radio watch he had to blow up in the episode ‘repairs’, there are very few like phil. they aren’t very big and you aren’t really supposed to know about them. something small, rare, old, and relatively useful becomes vitally important when it’s sacrificed. skye and phil might have managed to break out of his office without using the watch, but it would have taken too much time. likewise the avengers would have gotten their shit together eventually, but not as fast and probably not as securely. this little old collector of cards, equipment, and people]
Evil-Phil-Coulson mun, anicyresurrection here.
I HATE You for doing such good analysis of Phil.
Ugh. You rock.
Basic truth…it should not be the ONLY TIME YOU GO…traditions are wonderful things but that actually is not a reason to go to mass…it takes time and a spiritual investment to truly understand why you go…it’s worth the effort…